September 7, 2012
Committee on Energy and Commerce
Subcommittee on Health
The Subcommittee on Health has scheduled a markup on Tuesday, September 11, 2012 at 2:00 p.m. in 2123 Rayburn House Office Building. The Subcommittee will consider the following:
- H.R. 1206, the Access to Professional Health Insurance Advisors Act of 2011;
- H.R. 6118, the Taking Essential Steps for Testing Act of 2012;
- H.R. 1063, the Strengthening Medicare and Repaying Taxpayers Act of 2011;
- H.R. 6163, the National Pediatric Research Network Act of 2012;
- H.R. 4124, the Veteran Emergency Medical Technician Support Act of 2012; and,
- H.R. 733, the Pancreatic Cancer Research and Education Act of 2012.
The markup webcast will be available at http://energycommerce.house.gov/.
In keeping with Chairman Upton’s announced policy, Members must submit any amendments they may have two hours before they are offered during this markup. Members may submit amendments by email to: email@example.com. Any information with respect to an amendment’s parliamentary standing (e.g., its germaneness) should be submitted at this time as well.
The bipartisan staff briefing for this markup will be held on Monday, September 10, 2012, at 2:00 p.m. in 2218 Rayburn House Office Building. The Republican staff briefing will follow immediately after the bipartisan briefing in 2218 Rayburn. The Democratic staff briefing will follow immediately after the bipartisan briefing in 2123 Rayburn.
Electronic copies of the bills and the Majority Memorandum are attached. It is expected that amendments in the nature of a substitute will be offered for H.R. 1063 and H.R. 733. If you have any questions concerning the markup, please contact Ryan Long at extension (202) 225-2927.
By Order of Chairman Pitts